Friday, June 17, 2011

tradition.....

Each year my daughters and I go shopping. We don't go far, but we take the day and shop our hearts out and have lunch together somewhere fun. It's a day we all look forward to and mark on our calendars with excitement. And today is the day!!.....yay!!!. It is our 6th year to be spending the day together and for me it is most about making memories for all of us. I guess especially for them to remember long after I am gone and maybe if they have daughters they might also continue the tradition. I have found that as I grow older I want to create tradition for my small family. Tradition creates bonds between people and links us together. That is what I like about our shopping day.....it's a chance for us to spend time together doing something we all love to do mixed in with lots of laughs to nourishing our mother/daughter bonds. I want my girls to look back on these days and reminisce about all the fun times we spent together. It is a blessing to share in those memories......

....this is now a post script. Our day is done and wonderful memories were made. Every year there is new growth in my girls both in age and spirit. This year my oldest daughter is a new mommy and my youngest is a career woman on her chosen path. For myself this is a day I treasure. We as women and family take the time to spend this day together. It's perfect. It's one of my favorite days of the year. Thanks girls for this special time we share together. I hope you continue with this tradition even after I am gone. Love you both!

No comments: