Wednesday, June 22, 2011

the lemonade experiment..........

I must share my lemonade experiment from the weekend! I wanted a nice summer drink to have alongside our wonderful barbeque for my daughter's birthday so I chose lemonade but I also used lavender in it. I wanted to make my own and found a recipe but adapted it a bit to my own liking.I am not able to tolerate sugar very well so I changed it up with a mix of sugar and agave nectar. Next time I think I can use all agave and it would still have the right amount of sweetness. I must say it turned out fabulous! I couldn't get over the wonderful flavor and perfect mix of lemons, limes and lavender it had. I was in lemon and lavender heaven! My kids were laughing at how I just couldn't stop raving about it. It was very much enjoyed by everyone and even little Brody liked it. So this recipe is now a keeper and I'm sure will become a family favorite!

No comments: