Thursday, June 23, 2011

a lesson learned .......

my patient impatience
I have a flowerbed at the front of my house which is simply a bed for flowers. I bought a flat of impatience at least a week ago and it has sat nicely on my front porch since then. I was always going to get around to getting them in and yesterday it was on my list in my head to get them planted......well, it didn't happen. Yesterday was kind of a funny day all around and I was able to see inside of all of that later in the afternoon. I have a bad habit of self criticism that manages to beat my psychological self up quite well fairly frequently. This is something that is carried over from my childhood and I took over the reins when I moved out and became an adult. I have recently come to understand that this behavior is one that is one of the last lingering effects of my upbringing and I need to get a handle on it and let it finally go and I have been working on it for some time actually but in deeper areas. So this morning I wander into my back yard thinking about these flowers that are not yet planted and its like the lightbulb goes off! Here was this behavior again and these poor flowers were taking the brunt of it. All these little plants wanted was to be planted and show themselves off in all their glory......oh, and yes I do believe that plants have souls and are energetic beings. So when I realized that this old thought process had been revealed inside of this task, that was enough for me to grab the trowel and my gardening gloves and plant those wonderful little plants that had come home with me such a while ago. I marvel at how such a simple task can have such meaning wrapped up in it. 

A lesson learned for me and my reward is a beautiful flowerbed for the summer.

No comments: