Monday, June 27, 2011

living in pretendia......

my morning walks' bounty

I came across this word 'pretendia' a while back and for some reason it resonates with me in terms of what I create in my pretend mind, but it by no means takes me away from my reality. Just an escape in my mind that serves me well in a particular instance. You might be wrinkling your forehead by now  wondering what on earth I am talking about, so let me explain.

My dream is to have a home in the country. It will be my dream home and will be a place where our children can come to visit with their children and make memories. I will walk the grounds and feel the peace and serenity around me. I see this as my dream and yet if I only focus on that dream then I am not living in my present moment also. So, I live in pretendia too. I live now in a relatively small city and have neighbors all around me. I have lived in this home for 18 years and it is the home that my children know the best. I love my home and it is always a work in progress to have it just the way I want it so that it feels warm and inviting for all. But I pretend that I live in the country :) My garden especially is the place where I envision the countryside. It is small, but it is so wonderful. I grew up in the country and my parents had a huge garden of both flowers and vegetables. Each evening after dinner they would go for a walk and look at all that was happening in the garden. I find myself now doing the same thing. Becoming familiar with each and every plant and looking for new leaves or buds. Maybe there is a new tomato starting to show itself in my container tomatoes or the basil is ready for picking. The lavender was just ready in time for my lavender lemonade experiment. Just several evenings ago the shasta daisies were only budding and ready to burst into bloom and now some of them are arranged in a vase. I took note yesterday of the purple clematis and how it changes from year to year in how it shows off its blooms. All of this is my way of living inside of my country dream before it happens and brings joy to my heart. I don't really know if my dream will ever come true, but I can live parts of it now and smile all the while.


Are you living your dream?

Namaste..........

No comments: