Sunday, June 19, 2011

A special day.............

Her birthday is not until Tuesday, but today I will celebrate with my family the "birth" day of my oldest child. A daughter Megan who was born into my life 31 years ago. I was but a young woman myself when I brought her home from the hospital and realized the huge task I had in front of me in raising this beautiful child. It seems like just yesterday that I walked up the side steps of our house on Weldon Ave and thought that. Since that time there have been moves to different locations and changes within the family. The years have passed and the journey has evolved to this point. Of course there were all the usual moments of fun and laughter and those of tears and challenge and we relished and survived them all. Overall my daughter Megan is a joy in my life. She is special because she is my first born and that is always a joyous thing for a Mom. She is a young mother now herself and witnessing this has been such a blessing. Our relationship has matured over the years and blossomed into one of friendship and admiration. I am proud of who she has become as a woman and a mother. So today we will celebrate her 31st birthday and I look forward to many more in our future.

I can say for sure...."Megan, I love you as big as the sky".

No comments: