Wednesday, June 8, 2011

disconnecting

I am way too connected to things that really don't need to be. I am online and have an IPhone that has a data plan. When I first got it I thought it was amazing. I recently got a text from my data plan provider and I was almost at my usage limit and still had a week to go before the next billing month started. I panicked because the charges are really high if you go over. So I stayed away from it. I took myself out of the loop of checking emails, Facebook and didn't Google map anything. Turns out I can do it......and I felt a big sense of release and freedom. I think this was a good thing for me to experience. We are made to believe that we MUST be connected to everyone and everything and then all will be right with our world. This is what they want us to believe. It's interesting because I have been pulling back on so much over the past while and letting go and all of that has been a good thing for me. I don't think that I would have even thought of the whole phone thing if I hadn't recieved the text about my data plan soon reaching its limit. So the text was a gift...it was an indicator of further letting go.......disconnecting from an empty habit. It doesn't mean that I won't check my email and go on FB, but I don't need to do this continually. We are so brainwashed into believing that this is the way the world moves and then we must move that way also. So, I need to step outside of this realm and move to my own beat. It actually feels good to take another step towards letting go and understanding what is really important in life.

No comments: