Saturday, June 18, 2011

my day.......

What a glorious day it was today. Warm temperatures and bright sunshine all day and now also into the evening. I was out of the house early today to head to the local farmer's market to pick up some produce and flowers. It is my favorite Saturday morning thing to do. I really love the atmosphere that it gives to see all the many people come out early on a Saturday morning and gather together to celebrate the bounty of the local farmers and artisans. I picked up a cute little dress for friend who just had a little girl and then was on to the produce. A friend of mine is an organic farmer and she and her husband are always there with the most wonderful greens and vegetables ever! I love their stuff! She gave me a head of lettuce to try out and I used it in a salad for dinner and it was lovely. Fresh, crisp and tasty! I managed to fill my basket with healthy, nourshing produce which will grace my table this week. I then shared a nice lunch out on the deck here at home today with my youngest daughter Brianne. After that I ran errands with both of my girls and finally towards the late afternoon I came to find a quiet time sitting out back on the deck. But before long it was time to go to Megan and Wil's for dinner with my tasty green salad going with us. The day is now coming to a close and my grandson is sleeping peacefully in the meditation room. What a joy to babysit him tonight and wake up with him here in the morning. Just one of the many blessings that I have in my life. I am very fortunate to live the quiet and easy life that I do and I am forever grateful.

No comments: