Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My first robin ......


Well, this was the morning for me to see my first robin! It was exciting to see this ultimate sign of Spring right here in my own backyard. Spring has not officially arrived, but there are signs of it coming forth all around me. The rains have melted much of the snow that has been piled high for months and now the grass is peeking through in many places. Today a blue sky is overhead and a slight breeze is drying the ground that is heavy with all the rain of late.

I looked outside early this morning and it almost felt like the world around me was being 'bared' by the melting of the snow. The snow has been like a warm, cocooning blanket that has kept us cosy for all these months and now I feel a sense of vulnerability almost. I don't really know how to explain it. It was still just last week that we had a big blanket of snow fall and cover everything and now it has changed so quickly. Spring is a time of 'rebirth' for so many things and maybe that is where I get this sense of vulnerability. It's like starting over.....you just never know what might unfold. A time for new beginnings and a time to walk down new paths. So the robin sang its song this morning and was heralding the new season that will be upon us in a few days. Trees will be bursting forth with fresh, new foliage and my fall-planted tulips will bloom for the first time ever!
The days where we get that 'Spring' feeling and see the changes around us are few. I want to take it all in and appreciate it while it is here because it will soon be over. After those few days Spring will be here with us and it will be old news again.
I'm going to live in the moment and enjoy it right now........Happy "Robin sighting" day to you too !

No comments: