Friday, March 11, 2011

Letting go.....

I won't expand too greatly on this but today my life was involved in letting go. It has been coming to me since November and has been on my mind off and on since that time. It's not easy though. What I knew to be familiar was becoming unfamiliar and yet it was hard to release any of that. I wanted to grasp on to it and have it remain in my life the way it had been before. I wanted things to stay the same. If things remained the same then I would be OK and nothing needed to change. But as time moves on things do change. I guess for me it all happened as it was supposed to. I know I did cling to it for a long time. But it had to change so that life could move forward. I wanted to protect myself and stay safe. It was not about me though. It was about life moving forward .......it was about everyone seeing the truth.....particularly me. It is in this act of letting go that I can truly move forward now. I don't regret my recent journey of learning the lessons of how to let go. It was important for me to discover even though it was a tough one. Alas............glad that one is done.

No comments: