Wednesday, April 27, 2011

eeeeek....a mouse!

Yesterday I was up early because it was a work day and I was doing my yoga routine as ususal. I could hear our cat Abby running around the house but this is not something new. She often rips and tears around the house to reasons unknown to us. So I'm done my yoga and head into the bedroom to change into my uniform and there she is with her nose directly in a corner. Silly cat!...is all I think. I then see what I think is a toy ball fly across the floor and it goes behind the door. I look behind the door and it's not there...hmmm? I look out in the hall and see that the "ball" is now sporting a TAIL!!! Yikes!!! This is not good! I call out to my partner who finds me perched on the kitchen counter with my feet off the floor of course!! He then headed into the bathroom and I was dismayed at his nonchalance, but then found out the the mouse was also in there and he managed to throw a towel over it. He took the captured little mouse outside and released it in the front yard. Oh my!!! This was not a great way to start my day! I went into work with a great story and peopled had a good laugh about it or were able to share their own 'mouse' story. Everyone tells me that if there is one mouse, there will be another. So far I haven't seen anymore. I was tempted to sleep with one eye open last night but I managed to fall asleep easily and without worry. I hope this is my last mouse story for a long, long time.

No comments: