Monday, April 25, 2011

back to work today........

So, after a great week off it was time to head back to work today. I wasn't really feeling chagrined about it, but what didn't help was that I woke up at 3a.m. and that was when my day started. I simply couldn't get back to sleep. Ugh....I do tend to get up early for work (some co-workers think I'm crazy for getting up as early as I do) but 3a.m. is a bit much. So needless to say I was a tad tired while at work and my 12 hr work day is enough to be tired about in and of itself. Luckily it was Easter Monday and the pace is slower on holidays so we weren't taxed with alot of activity.

I'm lucky in that I have a week off every 6th week and its like a mini holiday to be away from the stressors of the workplace. It allows me to pace myself and do what is needed for those 5 weeks and then have some well deserved time off. So I eased myself back into work today and now just have tomorow to go and then a couple of days off again. It's all good. I'm fortunate to have the job that I do and I'm able to take things at the workplace in stride better over the past while. That makes alot of difference. So, in all, going back today was fine. I'm again one shift closer to my next week off. It's all in the attitude you bring to life.

No comments: