Wednesday, December 24, 2008

What are we doing??

Lots of fun and frolic goes along with the Christmas holiday season. For many of us it is well deserved after a year of working hard and making ends meet. It gives us a time together with friends and family to celebrate our friendships and love for each other. Loving mankind as it should be. We all long for that and it keeps us going. We all know this and yet there are so many people on this planet that are in conflict with each other. It was brought forward to me by a video posted on Facebook by one of my friends. My, oh my...we need to take stock of what we are doing. There are war ravaged countries on the planet that are in dire need of love. Children are born and grow up in environments of war and that is all they may ever know. How dreadfully sad is that...We get very caught up in our own lives and often forget to understand what is going on in other parts of the world. This was my reminder this morning....that I need to move out of my own selfishness at times and remember those who need attention more than I do. Thank you Donna for moving me to tears this morning and reminding me that the world is a sad place that is longing for love.

For anyone interested the video link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8jw-ifqwkM

Blessings to everyone this holiday season......Namaste

No comments: