Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Disconnected....

I have been noticing lately the level of disconnect that is all around us. It is as though life in many ways is coming apart. It might be really obvious sometimes and other times it is so very subtle. I see people that are disconnected from their jobs, their friends, their homelife, their partnerships, and even from themselves. It is so sad to see because we all need to feel connected to something in order to feel safe and well, but for some reason we have let go of that connection and somehow we think that is the safe way to go. Never having to be a part of something and this then allows us to almost remain anonymous. Because if we are anonymous then we can hide and not be seen by others. We can live a silent life. What does that accomplish truly for ourselves though? Humans desire connectedness and yet I see it pushed it away. We want loving relationships and yet I see many loveless relationships. It's as though we have experienced loss or hurt in lots of different areas of our lives and now we are going to protect ourselves at all cost and this shows through our disconnect. It puzzles me somewhat.....and yet I understand why. It does make me sad though.....

No comments: