Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas memories...

Just wondering what your favorite Christmas memory is? Was it when you were small or was it as an adult? There are maybe so many memories that it might be hard to pick just one. I remember the year I peeked at a gift and how I felt having done that....I was disappointed with myself and vowed to never, ever do that again! it was horrible ! And then there was the year that an Aunt and Uncle were there for the first time and the gifts were spilling out everywhere and my eyes as a young child grew bigger and bigger as I looked at this display! When my children were small it was so amazing to see them just even opening their gifts. Full of excitement and eyes the size of saucers! Lots of giggles and smiles and looks of amazement! Now more than ever my memories are of being together as a family. Our 'tree trimming' parties where there would be lots of food and drink and then the final ornament hung and "voila"...the beautiful tree in all its glory!! Or the Christmas dinners with so much love at the table and all of us together as a family. My heart is full when my family is gathered around the dinner table. I have been blessed with many memories and I know there are many great memories to come yet and I look forward to each and every one!

No comments: