Saturday, October 8, 2011

a saturday in october.........

Wow.....a busy summer has led to a busy fall so far. We just got back from a trip to Italy and now back to real life with a newness. It is farmers market morning here in town and since I haven't been for a couple of weeks it will be fun and interesting to see what is on the farmers tables. I hope to pick up some flowers for my kitchen and maybe some 'scented gratitude leaves' from Melinda at the Holey Stone Faerie Co. I also need some soap from Nicole at Spatopia and she has a new product this week that I think will make a great stocking stuffer for my girls (yes, Christmas is on my mind!). And I might consider a basket of peaches to make into some jam. Otherwise, its Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada so I do have to pick my turkey from our friends Cathy and Gary(organic of course) and get all the fixin's ready for our family dinner. The pumpkin cookies made with agave are already to go and the ice cream is in the freezer. All of what needs to be done for our dinner will be carried out with love and that will be felt at the dinner table. I always look forward to having all the children over and having family time. It is important to me and it helps us all stay close and be that family unit that is so often lost in society these days. It is a small part of the bigger part....the micro and the macro......that will promote connection in a world of disconnect. OK......this feels like its turning into something bigger than I meant so I will get back to the topic at hand.


Yummy!

A holiday weekend, my last weekend off before returning to work after 3 weeks (it's been wonderful!) and family time. It's also our first weekend with our newest family member Cooper! He is a stray cat that has been visiting us all summer and as the weather is starting to turn cold we decided that he needed a permanent home and we opened our doors to him. His transition is going well in terms of our other cat Abby so that is great. We have been grooming Abby about Coopers arrival for weeks now and I think it helped ! I will share a pic of our Cooper......


What's not to love :)

No comments: