Monday, October 10, 2011

a new week.....

I have been on holidays for 3 weeks and it has been wonderful. We spent 2 weeks on an amazing vacation in Italy and we truly created the time of our lives. It was 'a little bit of heaven'. We returned with yet another week off which was well needed for myself in terms of the jet lag and time changes. It seemed that I needed at least that much time to get back on track.

Yesterday we had our Thanksgiving dinner with my children and as always it was a treasured time. My family is not many in numbers but the love we share is on a large scale. For me it is always a special time when we are together so it was a nice way to end the holidays.

So today I'm back to my work at the hospital and I remain to be on abbreviated hours and we will see how that goes. I had a difficult situation at work a while back and I am still working through that at my workplace. It will be fine. The vacation away was a great healer in that regard.

Fall is in the air and yet the temperatures have been marvelous. Our days right now remain warm and balmy. I am good with that and yet the crisp fall air that is very likely on its way will be welcomed also. It will beckon soups and stews and warm, cosy blankets to wrap up in in front of the fireplace. For me that conjures up a smile and contentment. Throw in a good book and I'm all set.

This week I'm excited to be going to see my dear friend Mae Moore perform a benefit concert in London. It will be great to see her again. And, I will be spending the evening with a great friend Cathy so it's wonderful all around.

Yesterday we got tickets to go and see a new play at the Grand Theatre about Julia Childs titled "Mastering The Art". I love everything about her so I was thrilled to see that this play was going to be performed at the Grand. I'm excited!! Cooking is something that I'm expanding lately and she of course is the best! I can't wait to go and see it. It will be awesome!

Our newest family member Cooper is adjusting well to our home and Abby is doing her best to welcome him in the house. It's fun to have 2 furkids in the house! Well....at least that's what I'm saying today.

Happy Monday to all.............have a great week!

No comments: