Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tomato mania.......

I have spent much of this week making homemade tomato sauce made from organic tomatoes from my friend Cathy who along with her husband have an organic farm. I was able to get a bushel of the gorgeous tomatoes a couple of days ago and went on a spree of canning. Making a seasoned tomato sauce and then also a recipe for a tomato and basil sauce that everyone here loves. So I need to make enough for everyone to be able to share in. I love the whole process and certainly love having the use of these in winter, but I must admit it is alot of work. I have been working at my job and trying to fit all this in to a busy schedule and we are also getting ready to go on a holiday abroad. My kitchen has been a like a processing center all week it seems. Canning supplies and tomatoes everywhere. It is all quite frenetic this week but I do love seeing those jars all sealed and ready for the pantry. It's so satisfying to me. I feel quite proud of it all........

Here's a pic of my finished product for today..........



..........there's more canning set to go for tomorrow....so g'nite all

No comments: