Saturday, December 10, 2011

mercury glass.......

For a while now I have had a secret penchant for mercury glass. I`m not really sure what it is about it that I love, but there is something about it that resonates with me. It may be the aged look of the glass and silver together that I am drawn to or just even simply the sparkle of it. Maybe it is how the silver looks worn and it creates flecks that have been lost over time.The antique look of it really is so lovely and the light reflects off of it in such a gorgeous fashion. I just love how it looks! Today I was in the gift shop where I work and there was a basket of small ornaments that looked like mercury glass and I just needed to have a few and here they are.............

I just love them!

look how it sparkles.....



I will love the little ornaments that I purchased today, but I look very forward to finding my very first piece of mercury glass in the near future.....

No comments: