Friday, July 1, 2011

strawberry galette.....so yummy!

all set to go in the oven .....

I came across this quick and easy recipe on a favorite website. Since our local strawberries are almost finished I thought I would pick up a last quart and make this galette. The instructions were no fuss and before I knew it I had my strawberries all wrapped up and ready to go into the oven. It was a hit for sure and I know I will be making this again as the summer progresses and the fruit season moves along. I love it when a good recipe comes along!

2 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Would you be so kind as to post the recipe?

Maggie said...

here is the recipe!

take 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup) and cut into small pieces. Add 1 heaping cup of flour and a fist full of sugar(whatever fits in the palm of your hand)and a pinch of salt. Mix together until it is the size of small peas. Add enough water or milk until it just starts to stick together ( I found it wasn't very much). Roll it out into a rectangular or round shape and transfer it to a baking sheet with edges. For the filling first layer a flavor onto the bottom. I chose basil leaves ripped into pieces. They also suggest orange or lemon zest or thyme leaves. Lay the strawberries over your flavoring on the dough leaving at least a couple of inches (my strawberries were all smaller and whole) and sprinkle with some sugar. Fold over the edges of the dough a couple of inches. Bake in a 350-400 degree preheated oven for 30 min or until the fruit is soft, crust is brown and the juices are flowing. You are now done!! I hope you love it!!