Saturday, May 9, 2009

First Market Day of the Season...

Long anticipated over the long winter was the first day of the market on Horton St. I was pleased to see so many cars lining the streets and would have been OK with having to search long and hard for a parking spot. That would have been fine. It would have said that people were finding it important to head to the market on this even overcast spring morning. I was greeted by familiar faces and pleased to see them again after a long winter break. They have become my 'good friends' at the market. People that I can rely on to be there and help me to bring healthy choices into my life in more ways than just nutritionally. The sense of 'community' is so special. Our being connected to others and having common interests broadens our sense of family. I like it. Its that simple for me. I like what the market brings to me in many ways. I hope that other people feel the same. So every Saturday that I can, I will be at the market with my basket and my $20. I fill my basket with so many great things and take them home to prepare wonderful meals. But I also take home many other memories that are not set upon a table, but are kept lovingly in my 'being'...... of the community that we create when we share so much each Saturday morning. I hope to see you there.

No comments: